Red chair making rounds in GraftonNovember 15,2012GRAFTON — A famous red chair is travelling through southern Vermont and will be on display at the Grafton Inn today.
The Red Chair is being welcomed at inns and bed and breakfasts throughout New England. It is part of a consciousness raising experiment among New England innkeepers similar to Flat Stanley, a paper caricature that travels across the United States.
The chair got its start at the Woods Hole Inn in Woods Hole, Mass. It has travelled through Rhode Island and Maine and is now in Vermont before heading to New Hampshire, Connecticut, western Massachusetts, and back home to Woods Hole.
The Grafton Inn is at 92 Grafton St. in Grafton and Red Chair pictures are on the Grafton Inn Facebook page. The next stop for the Red Chair is the Three Mountain Inn on Route 30 in Jamaica.
To learn more visit www.RedChairTravels.com.
— Staff and wire reportsMORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.