On Oct. 12, Rutland United Methodist Church held its third annual Chocolate Festival and Silent Auction at the Holiday Inn.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank area merchants, newspapers and other media that made donations to this worthy project. Because of your generosity we are able to turn over $9,500 into donations to the needy of the area.
These organizations receiving help include the Mission, Dismas House, Her Story, Community Cupboard, Dodge House, BROCís Feed the Freezer, and our Pastorís Fund to help those that come to us almost daily for food and essentials.
Thank you to all who contributed and we look forward to being able to repeat this next year.
(Co-Chair, Chocolate Festival
and Silent Auction
Rutland United Methodist Church)
RutlandMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.