Police: Welding cable worth $1,700 stolenNovember 16,2012Police: Welding cable stolen
READSBORO — The theft of welding cable, valued at about $1,700, from a FairPoint Communications site sometime over the past 10 days is being investigated by the Vermont State Police, according to a press release sent by Sgt. Thomas McCoy.
According to McCoy, police believe someone stole 300 feet of black, flexible welding cable that was attached to the portable generator at a FairPoint site at 43 Tunnel St. in Readsboro. The theft was believed to have occurred sometime between Nov. 7 and 13.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Vermont State Police at the Shaftsbury barracks at 442-5421. Information can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info or by texting “CRIMES” to 274637, and use the keyword, VTIPS.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.