Betty P. Sheehan RitesNovember 17,2012Betty P. Sheehan Rites
LUDLOW — A funeral service for Betty P. Sheehan, 77, who died Nov. 12, 2012, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, was held Thursday, Nov. 15, in United Methodist Church of Ludlow. The Rev. Dr. Donald E. Harpster, pastor, officiated. Con-celebrant was the Rev. Joyce M. Woodcock, pastor of First Methodist Church in Watertown, N.Y.
Burial followed in Pleasantview Cemetery by the Rev. Harpster and the Rev. Woodcock.
Organist was Ed Broadway.
Speaker was Jerry Sheehan, a son.
Bearers were Jerry Sheehan, Nicholas Sheehan, Patrick Sheehan, Glenn Goodwin, Charles James, Jason James and Joseph Morse.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Two fires, one in West Rutland in which a dog and cat are rescued by heroic passersby and the other in Middletown Springs, keep firefighters busy, sports and update on robbery at Jenny Wren's in Springfield.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Bob Dylan makes $50 bucks playing harmonica on Belafonte record, William Butler Yeats on the 1916 Easter Rising, Polanski leaves Los Angeles (in a hurry), iceberg six times Manhattan size leaves Antarctica (at leisurely pace.)
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.