Betty P. Sheehan RitesNovember 17,2012Betty P. Sheehan Rites
LUDLOW — A funeral service for Betty P. Sheehan, 77, who died Nov. 12, 2012, at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, was held Thursday, Nov. 15, in United Methodist Church of Ludlow. The Rev. Dr. Donald E. Harpster, pastor, officiated. Con-celebrant was the Rev. Joyce M. Woodcock, pastor of First Methodist Church in Watertown, N.Y.
Burial followed in Pleasantview Cemetery by the Rev. Harpster and the Rev. Woodcock.
Organist was Ed Broadway.
Speaker was Jerry Sheehan, a son.
Bearers were Jerry Sheehan, Nicholas Sheehan, Patrick Sheehan, Glenn Goodwin, Charles James, Jason James and Joseph Morse.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.