Edmond N. ProvostNovember 17,2012Edmond N. Provost
BRANDON — Edmond Noel Provost, 88, died Nov. 13, 2012, at Porter Medical Center in Middlebury.
He was born in Winooski on Dec. 25, 1923, the son of Alphonse and Emma (Poirier) Provost.
He grew up in Winooski, and later made his home with the Beaudin family in Burlington for several years.
In his earlier years, he had worked in a saw mill and other various jobs in the Burlington area. He has been a resident of Brandon since 2007.
Survivors include his care providers, Candy and Raymond Counter and their family of Brandon, and his guardian, Dale Severy of Brandon.
A memorial service will be held on Nov. 27, 2012, at 10 a.m., at the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon. The Rev. Ruel Tumangday, administrator of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Brandon, will officiate. A private burial will take place at a later date in St. Francis Xavier Cemetery in Winooski.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.