Police search for burglary suspectNovember 17,2012Police search for burglary suspect
WESTMINSTER — Police are searching for a woman who committed a burglary in front of a homeowner on Monday.
Mary Smith, 61, of Westminster pulled into her driveway and saw an unknown woman exiting her house on Route 5 in Westminster. The woman stole a jewelry case and jewelry and left behind a bag of items she intended to steal, police said.
The female is described as being in her 50s, 5-feet 7-inches tall, heavyset and has reddish-gray hair. She was wearing yoga type pants and a jacket and drove a blue Toyota Echo with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information should contact State Trooper Paul Dean. The phone number is 875-2112.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.