Police search for burglary suspectNovember 17,2012Police search for burglary suspect
WESTMINSTER — Police are searching for a woman who committed a burglary in front of a homeowner on Monday.
Mary Smith, 61, of Westminster pulled into her driveway and saw an unknown woman exiting her house on Route 5 in Westminster. The woman stole a jewelry case and jewelry and left behind a bag of items she intended to steal, police said.
The female is described as being in her 50s, 5-feet 7-inches tall, heavyset and has reddish-gray hair. She was wearing yoga type pants and a jacket and drove a blue Toyota Echo with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information should contact State Trooper Paul Dean. The phone number is 875-2112.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.