Police search for burglary suspectNovember 17,2012Police search for burglary suspect
WESTMINSTER — Police are searching for a woman who committed a burglary in front of a homeowner on Monday.
Mary Smith, 61, of Westminster pulled into her driveway and saw an unknown woman exiting her house on Route 5 in Westminster. The woman stole a jewelry case and jewelry and left behind a bag of items she intended to steal, police said.
The female is described as being in her 50s, 5-feet 7-inches tall, heavyset and has reddish-gray hair. She was wearing yoga type pants and a jacket and drove a blue Toyota Echo with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information should contact State Trooper Paul Dean. The phone number is 875-2112.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.