Isabel E. FloryNovember 18,2012
Isabel E. FloryIsabel E. Flory
Isabel E. Flory, 88, of Rutland, passed away Wednesday evening at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was the wife of Alfred R. Flory of Rutland.
Visiting hours will be held Sunday (today) from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peterís Church in Rutland.
Officiating will be Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery.
Contributions may be made to Mt. Saint Joseph Academy, Rutland Area Visiting Nurse-Hospice or to St. Peterís Church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.