Isabel E. FloryNovember 18,2012
Isabel E. FloryIsabel E. Flory
Isabel E. Flory, 88, of Rutland, passed away Wednesday evening at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
She was the wife of Alfred R. Flory of Rutland.
Visiting hours will be held Sunday (today) from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peterís Church in Rutland.
Officiating will be Rev. Thomas Houle, pastor.
Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery.
Contributions may be made to Mt. Saint Joseph Academy, Rutland Area Visiting Nurse-Hospice or to St. Peterís Church.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.