'Taxing the cloud' up for debateNovember 18,2012MONTPELIER — Whether to levy Vermont's sales tax on so-called cloud computing will be up for discussion at the Vermont Statehouse.
Cloud computing happens most often when businesses, instead of buying software to run their processes, go on the Internet and pay to use software housed on computers located elsewhere.
Lawmakers this past spring passed a one-year moratorium and called for a study of whether the state should impose its sales tax on cloud computing services.
At a Statehouse session set for Monday afternoon, a special committee set to study the issue is to hear from state tax officials and analysts, as well as from a tax official from Washington state about that state's experience with levying the tax.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation