Community mulls pot clinic banNovember 18,2012LYNDONVILLE — Some officials in the village of Lyndonville want to make sure that a medical marijuana dispensary isn’t located in their community.
The Lyndon Planning Commission wants the village trustees to adopt an ordinance prohibiting such a use.
The state last year passed a law that authorizes up to four privately run dispensaries to provide marijuana for patients with chronic illness or intractable pain.
So far two have been licensed, in Burlington and Waterbury.
Officials in Rutland have approved a ban on medical marijuana dispensaries in the city.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation