Police: Man puts kid in toolbox for 40 mile driveNovember 18,2012SPRINGFIELD – A Bradford, N.H., man is facing a criminal charge after police said he put one of his children in a truck’s tool box during a drive from Bradford to Springfield, according to the Springfield Police Department.
Russell Johnson Sr., 42, of Bradford, was cited for cruelty by a person having custody over another on Nov. 14.
In a press release, police said Johnson picked up his three children while driving a single-bench pickup. One of the children was put in the tool box that spans the bed of the pickup while going from Bradford to Springfield.
Bradford is almost 40 miles from Springfield.
Police did not give any information about when the alleged incident occurred or about the age or gender of the child.
According to the press release, Johnson will be arraigned in Windsor County criminal court on Jan. 8.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.