2 men charged in Conn. murderNovember 20,2012NEW LONDON, Conn. — New London police say two men face charges in the 2006 killing of a 32-year-old man found shot to death in the doorway of a local cafe.
Police say Darius K. Armadore Sr. and Gerjuan Tyus face charges including murder in the death of Todd Thomas. Both men are serving prison sentences on unrelated charges.
Armadore was ordered held on a $1 million bond at his arraignment Monday in New London Superior Court. Tyus is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Thomas was shot in the head in December 2006. An arrest warrant affidavit detailing the case against the suspects, both 32-years-old, is sealed for two weeks.
Armadore is serving a sentence for violating a protective order.
Tyus is in prison after being convicted of the carrying or sale of a dangerous weapon.MORE IN News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.