2 men charged in Conn. murderNovember 20,2012NEW LONDON, Conn. — New London police say two men face charges in the 2006 killing of a 32-year-old man found shot to death in the doorway of a local cafe.
Police say Darius K. Armadore Sr. and Gerjuan Tyus face charges including murder in the death of Todd Thomas. Both men are serving prison sentences on unrelated charges.
Armadore was ordered held on a $1 million bond at his arraignment Monday in New London Superior Court. Tyus is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Thomas was shot in the head in December 2006. An arrest warrant affidavit detailing the case against the suspects, both 32-years-old, is sealed for two weeks.
Armadore is serving a sentence for violating a protective order.
Tyus is in prison after being convicted of the carrying or sale of a dangerous weapon.MORE IN News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.