2 men charged in Conn. murderNovember 20,2012NEW LONDON, Conn. — New London police say two men face charges in the 2006 killing of a 32-year-old man found shot to death in the doorway of a local cafe.
Police say Darius K. Armadore Sr. and Gerjuan Tyus face charges including murder in the death of Todd Thomas. Both men are serving prison sentences on unrelated charges.
Armadore was ordered held on a $1 million bond at his arraignment Monday in New London Superior Court. Tyus is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Thomas was shot in the head in December 2006. An arrest warrant affidavit detailing the case against the suspects, both 32-years-old, is sealed for two weeks.
Armadore is serving a sentence for violating a protective order.
Tyus is in prison after being convicted of the carrying or sale of a dangerous weapon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.