Michael H. Walsh Jr.November 20,2012
Michael H. Walsh Jr.Michael H. Walsh Jr.
SOUTHPORT, Fla. — Michael H. Walsh Jr., 68, of Southport, died Friday, November 16, 2012, in Panama City. Mr. Walsh was born February 24, 1944, to the late Michael H. Sr. and Frances Bussey Walsh, in Rutland, Vt. He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Rodney A. Walsh. He leaves behind his precious wife of 46 years, Judy Henderson Walsh; a daughter, Missy Walsh of Southport, Fla.; three sons, Michael Walsh (Shari), David Walsh (Shelly), Jimmy Walsh; 10 grandchildren; a sister, Michele Sheldrick (William); and a brother, William Walsh (Lena). Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Southerland Family Funeral Home Chapel, Panama City.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.