Michael H. Walsh Jr.November 20,2012
Michael H. Walsh Jr.Michael H. Walsh Jr.
SOUTHPORT, Fla. — Michael H. Walsh Jr., 68, of Southport, died Friday, November 16, 2012, in Panama City. Mr. Walsh was born February 24, 1944, to the late Michael H. Sr. and Frances Bussey Walsh, in Rutland, Vt. He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Rodney A. Walsh. He leaves behind his precious wife of 46 years, Judy Henderson Walsh; a daughter, Missy Walsh of Southport, Fla.; three sons, Michael Walsh (Shari), David Walsh (Shelly), Jimmy Walsh; 10 grandchildren; a sister, Michele Sheldrick (William); and a brother, William Walsh (Lena). Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Southerland Family Funeral Home Chapel, Panama City.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.