Michael H. Walsh Jr.November 20,2012
Michael H. Walsh Jr.Michael H. Walsh Jr.
SOUTHPORT, Fla. — Michael H. Walsh Jr., 68, of Southport, died Friday, November 16, 2012, in Panama City. Mr. Walsh was born February 24, 1944, to the late Michael H. Sr. and Frances Bussey Walsh, in Rutland, Vt. He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Rodney A. Walsh. He leaves behind his precious wife of 46 years, Judy Henderson Walsh; a daughter, Missy Walsh of Southport, Fla.; three sons, Michael Walsh (Shari), David Walsh (Shelly), Jimmy Walsh; 10 grandchildren; a sister, Michele Sheldrick (William); and a brother, William Walsh (Lena). Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Southerland Family Funeral Home Chapel, Panama City.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.