Michael H. Walsh Jr.November 20,2012
Michael H. Walsh Jr.Michael H. Walsh Jr.
SOUTHPORT, Fla. — Michael H. Walsh Jr., 68, of Southport, died Friday, November 16, 2012, in Panama City. Mr. Walsh was born February 24, 1944, to the late Michael H. Sr. and Frances Bussey Walsh, in Rutland, Vt. He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Rodney A. Walsh. He leaves behind his precious wife of 46 years, Judy Henderson Walsh; a daughter, Missy Walsh of Southport, Fla.; three sons, Michael Walsh (Shari), David Walsh (Shelly), Jimmy Walsh; 10 grandchildren; a sister, Michele Sheldrick (William); and a brother, William Walsh (Lena). Funeral services will be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at Southerland Family Funeral Home Chapel, Panama City.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.