Glenn LowellNovember 20,2012Glenn Lowell Rites
BENSON — The funeral service for Glenn Lowell, 33, who died Nov. 10, 2012, was held Sunday, Nov. 18, at the United Church of Benson.
The Rev. Holly Noble officiated.
The organist was Joan Brown.
Full military honors were provided by the 2nd Battalion 7th Special Forces Group. Fair Haven American Legion Post 49 formed the color guard with representation from Post 50. Bagpiper was Francis Dechame. Ladder trucks from Pittsford and Castleton volunteer fire departments displayed the American flag. Vermont State Police and the Fair Haven Police Department provided an escort.
Burial followed in Fairview Cemetery in Benson.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675, www.woundedwarriorproject.org; or Dodge House Veterans Assistance Office Inc., PO Box 12, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.