Glenn LowellNovember 20,2012Glenn Lowell Rites
BENSON — The funeral service for Glenn Lowell, 33, who died Nov. 10, 2012, was held Sunday, Nov. 18, at the United Church of Benson.
The Rev. Holly Noble officiated.
The organist was Joan Brown.
Full military honors were provided by the 2nd Battalion 7th Special Forces Group. Fair Haven American Legion Post 49 formed the color guard with representation from Post 50. Bagpiper was Francis Dechame. Ladder trucks from Pittsford and Castleton volunteer fire departments displayed the American flag. Vermont State Police and the Fair Haven Police Department provided an escort.
Burial followed in Fairview Cemetery in Benson.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675, www.woundedwarriorproject.org; or Dodge House Veterans Assistance Office Inc., PO Box 12, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?