Glenn LowellNovember 20,2012Glenn Lowell Rites
BENSON — The funeral service for Glenn Lowell, 33, who died Nov. 10, 2012, was held Sunday, Nov. 18, at the United Church of Benson.
The Rev. Holly Noble officiated.
The organist was Joan Brown.
Full military honors were provided by the 2nd Battalion 7th Special Forces Group. Fair Haven American Legion Post 49 formed the color guard with representation from Post 50. Bagpiper was Francis Dechame. Ladder trucks from Pittsford and Castleton volunteer fire departments displayed the American flag. Vermont State Police and the Fair Haven Police Department provided an escort.
Burial followed in Fairview Cemetery in Benson.
Memorial contributions may be made to Wounded Warrior Project, PO Box 758517, Topeka, KS 66675, www.woundedwarriorproject.org; or Dodge House Veterans Assistance Office Inc., PO Box 12, Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Durfee Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.