State's unemployment up slightly in OctoberThe Associated Press | November 20,2012MONTPELIER — The Vermont Department of Labor says the state’s unemployment rate ticked up one-tenth of 1 percent in October to 5.5 percent.
The figure is up from 5.4 percent in September and 5.4 percent in October 2011. The national unemployment rate for October was 7.9 percent.
Despite the increase, Vermont still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country.
The statistics show the total labor force in Vermont increased last month for the second straight month.
Seasonally adjusted data for October shows total employment increased by 700 last month while total unemployment increased by 200.
Unemployment in Vermont’s 17 labor market areas ranged from 3.3 percent in Hartford to 6.2 percent in Newport and Rutland.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation