• Police: 6 facing charges in 2 warming hut fires
    The Associated Press | November 20,2012
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    BELVIDERE — A Vermont State Police detective says six people are facing charges stemming from fires that destroyed two warming huts in a Belvidere sugarbush.

    On Oct. 27 fire fighters were called to a remote location within a 500-acre sugarbush owned by Joseph Russo where they found an 8-foot by 12-foot warming hut had been completely destroyed by fire before burning itself out.

    On Nov. 16, investigators determined that a second warming hut had been burned down at the same time as the first incident, but it wasn’t discovered until the later date.

    Both fires were determined to be arson. There were no injuries.

    Six suspects were charged with second degree arson. One of those suspects was also charged with unlawful mischief.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    MIDDLEBURY — Middlebury Police arrested Ronald Bean, 52, on two counts of... Full Story
    HUBBARDTON — Vermont State Police said a fallen tree struck and killed a man on the north end of... Full Story
    More than 26,000 people were without power when severe thunderstorms rolled through the state in... Full Story
    Storm causes outages, leaves damage
    More Articles