Police: 6 facing charges in 2 warming hut firesThe Associated Press | November 20,2012BELVIDERE — A Vermont State Police detective says six people are facing charges stemming from fires that destroyed two warming huts in a Belvidere sugarbush.
On Oct. 27 fire fighters were called to a remote location within a 500-acre sugarbush owned by Joseph Russo where they found an 8-foot by 12-foot warming hut had been completely destroyed by fire before burning itself out.
On Nov. 16, investigators determined that a second warming hut had been burned down at the same time as the first incident, but it wasn’t discovered until the later date.
Both fires were determined to be arson. There were no injuries.
Six suspects were charged with second degree arson. One of those suspects was also charged with unlawful mischief.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation