Final testimony in Plymouth pit projectNovember 20,2012Final testimony in pit project
PLYMOUTH ó The deadline for final documents and arguments in the Act 250 permit case of the proposed Frog City Gravel pit is approaching.
All parties in the case, including Hawk Mountain Resort area homeowners, are asked to submit filings to the commission, in response to anything thatís been previously submitted, including a requirement that the application conform with local and regional plans for development.
The deadline is 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30.
By Dec. 19 at 4:30 p.m., all parties are asked to submit proposed findings and conclusions of law.
This is the last step before the regional Act 250 commission, based in Springfield, makes a decision to issue a permit or not, according to Linda Matteson, district coordinator.
The project, proposed by town Select Board chairman Ralph Michael, is to reopen a gravel pit used during Tropical Storm Irene recovery for commercial operation.
The plan has drawn controversy from some neighbors concerned about noise and traffic from the pit.
For more information, call Matteson at 885-8843.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.