Vermont Law School teacher named new judgeStaff Report | November 20,2012MONTPELIER — Vermont Law School adjunct professor Kevin Griffin, of Norwich, will serve as a Superior Court judge assigned to Chittenden County.
Gov. Peter Shumlin announced the appointment Monday.
“Kevin’s extensive litigation background in family and criminal law, as well as his 15 years on the local school board and other civic contributions, ensure he brings broad experience to the court,” Shumlin said in a statement. “His intelligence, compassion and firm sense of fairness will make him a strong addition to the judiciary.”
Griffin has owned the White River Junction-based law firm Griffin, Marsicovetere & Wilkes, PC since 1993. His practice has involved criminal defense, including work as a public defender on serious felonies, family law and some general civil litigation.
He was a clerk to Justice William Hill of the Vermont Supreme Court.
He has been an adjunct professor at Vermont Law School since 1986 and has taught courses related to trial practice and criminal law and procedure.
In addition to serving on legal committees, Griffin served on the Ottauquechee Health Center board in the mid-1990s and is a board member of the Hartford Dismas House.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.