WINOOSKI Three Michigan residents are facing drug charges and a 2-year-old girl is in protective custody after a Vermont police officer smelled marijuana while following the car they were riding in in the city of Winooski.
Colchester police say one of their officers was driving on Main Street in Winooski on Monday morning when he smelled the marijuana.
After the vehicle was stopped, police discovered more than two ounces of crack cocaine and a small amount of marijuana.
Police arrested 20-year-old Dajuan Williams and 19-year-old Corina Castro, both of Holland, Mich., and 45-year-old Edgar Tony Scott of Detroit.
The three are jailed on $100,000 bail.
The girl was placed in protective custody pending the arrival of family members from Michigan.MORE IN Vermont NewsCOLCHESTER A bunch of kids in a minivan are solving twin challenges in northern Vermont:... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.