WINOOSKI — Three Michigan residents are facing drug charges and a 2-year-old girl is in protective custody after a Vermont police officer smelled marijuana while following the car they were riding in in the city of Winooski.
Colchester police say one of their officers was driving on Main Street in Winooski on Monday morning when he smelled the marijuana.
After the vehicle was stopped, police discovered more than two ounces of crack cocaine and a small amount of marijuana.
Police arrested 20-year-old Dajuan Williams and 19-year-old Corina Castro, both of Holland, Mich., and 45-year-old Edgar “Tony” Scott of Detroit.
The three are jailed on $100,000 bail.
The girl was placed in protective custody pending the arrival of family members from Michigan.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.