Paul J. WatsonNovember 22,2012Paul J. Watson
SHAFTSBURY — Paul J. Watson, 76, died Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012, at his residence, from heart disease.
Born in Bennington, Sept. 29, 1936, he was the son of Raymond O. and Jennie (Nash) Watson.
He was a 1955 graduate of Bennington High School.
Mr. Watson married Marie H. Hendricks in Bennington March 3, 1956; she died in 1994. He later married Joyce (Hawks) Watson June 10, 1997.
For 40 years, he was employed in quality control at Bijur in Bennington until retiring in 1998.
He was a 23-gallon blood donor and enjoyed camping, traveling, motorcycling and working with wood.
Survivors include his wife and a son, Michael Watson, both of Shaftsbury; a daughter, Paula Ryan of St. Paul, Minn.; two stepchildren, Scott Cummings of White Creek, N.Y., and Curt Cummings of Bennington; nine grandchildren and a great-grandson; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
Mr. Watson was predeceased by a brother, Harold Watson.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, at the Mahar & Son Funeral Home, where friends may call from 11 a.m. prior to the service.
Burial will be in Center Shaftsbury Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Vermont Heart Association or Second Chance Animal Shelter, in care of Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guest book condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.