Sandy benefit concert SundayNovember 22,2012Restoring Rutland and the Palms Restaurant have teamed up for a Hurricane Sandy benefit concert from 4-to 8 p.m. Sunday.
Local bands Rick Redington and the Luv and Dank and the Funkstick will keep music going while the Sabataso family serves up Italian food and hospitality for a good cause.
A donation of $15 for adults and $5 for children under 12 includes live entertainment, a buffet dinner and cash bar.
All proceeds from the event will go to the Tunnel to Towers Foundation to benefit victims of Hurricane Sandy in the Staten Island area.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit facebook.com/restoringrutland.MORE IN This Just InBig movie day at Town Hall Theater Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.