Charges filed in Vt. man’s deathNovember 22,2012FORT EDWARD, N.Y. — A 30-year-old Vermont woman is free on bail after pleading not guilty to charges stemming from a crash on New York Route 22 in Hebron that killed an 83-year-old man.
Cassie Early of Arlington, Vt., entered the plea Tuesday before a Washington County judge in Fort Edward.
A grand jury indicted Early on a series of charges from the 7 a.m. crash on July 29, including aggravated vehicular homicide, and manslaughter in the death of Vincent Muro Sr., of West Rutland, Vt.
Court documents say Early had a blood alcohol level more than double the legal limit for driving.
Police say Early’s pickup crossed into the wrong lane and hit Muro’s vehicle.
The Glens Falls Post Star reported that Early could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation