HIGHGATE — Some residents in the Vermont community of Highgate are asking for an ordinance barring the discharge of firearms in high- and medium-density residential areas.
Vern Brosky III told the Select bBard there’s a problem in his neighborhood with firearms discharging in people’s back yards. He said neighbors are being placed at risk.
The St. Albans Messenger reported that sheriff’s deputies have been called to the neighborhood several times by residents concerned about the shootings.
Brosky presented officials with copies of ordinances from other Vermont communities that bar the discharge of fire arms in residential areas, but not rural areas.
The Select Board plans to discuss the issue again on Dec. 6.MORE IN Vermont NewsDVHA Commissioner Mark Larson told lawmakers Tuesday of a second privacy breadh on Vermont Health... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation