Bernard P. Haley Sr.November 23,2012Bernard P. Haley Sr. Rites
The funeral Mass for Bernard P. Haley Sr., 90, who died Nov. 17, 2012, in Rutland, was celebrated Tuesday, Nov. 20, at St. Dominic Church in Proctor.
Officiating was the Rev. Richard Crawley, assistant pastor.
Vocalist was Elise Cassarino. Organist was John Riddle.
Burial followed in Riverside Cemetery.
Bearers were Shawn Roberts, Craig, James and Tom Haley.
Military honors were provided by Rutland American Legion Post 31. Dick White presented the American flag to the family.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,