Man arrest on assault chargesNovember 23,2012WEST RUTLAND ó A West Rutland man will be in court on Monday to answer to charge of aggravated domestic assault stemming from an incident early Thursday morning.
Matthew Shook, 34, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Thursday after police responded to a domestic disturbance at Jenís Motel on Route 4A in West Rutland.
Police said an initial investigation showed that Shook was involved in a verbal and physical altercation with a woman, who suffered some injuries as a result.
Shook was also found to be in violation of court-ordered conditions of release after a preliminary breath test showed he had been drinking, police said.
Shook was arrested and held at the Rutland jail on $5,000 bail.
He faces a felony charge of aggravated domestic assault and a misdemeanor charge of violating conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation