Man arrest on assault chargesNovember 23,2012WEST RUTLAND ó A West Rutland man will be in court on Monday to answer to charge of aggravated domestic assault stemming from an incident early Thursday morning.
Matthew Shook, 34, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Thursday after police responded to a domestic disturbance at Jenís Motel on Route 4A in West Rutland.
Police said an initial investigation showed that Shook was involved in a verbal and physical altercation with a woman, who suffered some injuries as a result.
Shook was also found to be in violation of court-ordered conditions of release after a preliminary breath test showed he had been drinking, police said.
Shook was arrested and held at the Rutland jail on $5,000 bail.
He faces a felony charge of aggravated domestic assault and a misdemeanor charge of violating conditions of release.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.