Man arrest on assault chargesNovember 23,2012WEST RUTLAND ó A West Rutland man will be in court on Monday to answer to charge of aggravated domestic assault stemming from an incident early Thursday morning.
Matthew Shook, 34, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Thursday after police responded to a domestic disturbance at Jenís Motel on Route 4A in West Rutland.
Police said an initial investigation showed that Shook was involved in a verbal and physical altercation with a woman, who suffered some injuries as a result.
Shook was also found to be in violation of court-ordered conditions of release after a preliminary breath test showed he had been drinking, police said.
Shook was arrested and held at the Rutland jail on $5,000 bail.
He faces a felony charge of aggravated domestic assault and a misdemeanor charge of violating conditions of release.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD ó Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.