Man arrest on assault chargesNovember 23,2012WEST RUTLAND ó A West Rutland man will be in court on Monday to answer to charge of aggravated domestic assault stemming from an incident early Thursday morning.
Matthew Shook, 34, was arrested around 1:40 a.m. Thursday after police responded to a domestic disturbance at Jenís Motel on Route 4A in West Rutland.
Police said an initial investigation showed that Shook was involved in a verbal and physical altercation with a woman, who suffered some injuries as a result.
Shook was also found to be in violation of court-ordered conditions of release after a preliminary breath test showed he had been drinking, police said.
Shook was arrested and held at the Rutland jail on $5,000 bail.
He faces a felony charge of aggravated domestic assault and a misdemeanor charge of violating conditions of release.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.