Bomb squad examines old projectileNovember 24,2012BRATTLEBORO — Brattleboro police say a military projectile found in the basement of a local home caused them to call the Vermont State Police bomb squad, which determined the projectile posed no threat to the public.
Brattleboro police and firefighters were called just before 1 p.m. Wednesday after a person doing renovations on an Elliot Street home reported finding the military-style projectile in the basement.
At the time, it wasn’t known if the projectile was inert or still contained explosives.
The building was evacuated, but the bomb squad determined the projectile was inert.MORE IN This Just InThink of Saturdayís event as a classier and much more fun version of Black Friday. Full StoryComments Of Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation