Linda M. FlandersNovember 25,2012
Linda M. FlandersLinda M. Flanders
NORTH CLARENDON — Linda Margaret Flanders, 63, died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at the Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Rutland on Sept. 2, 1949, the daughter of Henry and Margaret (Derby) Nutting.
She was married Oct. 2, 1965, to Richard D. Flanders.
She was a devoted stay-at-home mother.
She was baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Feb. 5, 1972, in Barre.
Survivors include her husband, Richard Flanders of North Clarendon; a daughter, Wanda Van Sise of Saugerites, N.Y.; a son Paul Flanders of North Clarendon; her mother, Margaret Derby of Rutland; a sister, Christine Dryer of Wallingford; and two brothers, Larry Derby of Rutland and Daniel Derby of Texas.
There are no visiting hours.
A memorial service will be held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 243 Gleason Road in Rutland, on Dec. 8, 2012, at 2 p.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.