Ernest BenwayNovember 25,2012Ernest Benway Rites
CHESTER — A Mass of Christian Burial for Ernest “Ernie” Benway, 86, who died Nov. 17, 2012, was celebrated Friday, Nov. 23, 2012, at St. Joseph’s Church in Chester. The Rev. James E. Zuccaro, pastor, was the celebrant.
The organist was Jacob McLaughlin and the cantor was Bill Kearns. The Responsorial Psalm was sung by daughter Judi Mills, and she and granddaughter Amber Taylor sang the Communion Hymn.
The readings were given by daughter Cindy Kehoe. The Offertory gifts were brought forward by granddaughters Angela Hescock, Elaine Chila, Amber Taylor and Bethany Bockmann. Words of remembrance were given by son Stuart Benway.
Bearers were Stuart Benway, Jeffrey Benway, Kirk Kehoe, Nathan Kehoe, Robert Kehoe and Peter Benway. Burial followed in Pleasant View Cemetery.
Arrangements were under the direction of Adams Funeral Home of Chester.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.