BENNINGTON — A Main Street man is facing a felony charge after police said they found more than a pound of marijuana in his apartment on Oct. 14.
Kevin R. Harrington, 55, of Bennington, was arraigned on Nov. 19 in Bennington criminal court on a felony charge of possession of marijuana. Harrington, who could be sentenced to up to five years in prison if convicted of the charge, pleaded innocent and was released without bail.
In an affidavit, Cpl. Thalia Hudson, of the Bennington Police Department, said she was on a medical call on Oct. 14 on Main Street when she was approached by a person who gave her an anonymous tip about marijuana in Harrington’s apartment.
Hudson said she and Officer Thomas Bull, also of the Bennington Police Department, later went to Harrington’s apartment, where she said she could smell fresh marijuana.
According to Hudson, Harrington let police enter the apartment and search it. Hudson said police collected one pound, 3.4 ounces of marijuana.
Harrington told police the marijuana was for his personal use because of his back pain, Hudson said.
According to court records, Harrington has a conviction from October 1985 for possession of marijuana.MORE IN Southern VermontMONTPELIER — The attorney general’s office and the Shumlin administration have joined... Full StoryBRATTLEBORO — Brattleboro residents younger than 18 must wait their turn to vote after a proposal... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown