Delia W. PhillipsNovember 26,2012Delia W. Phillips Rites
PITTSFORD — The funeral service for Delia W. Phillips, 89, who died Nov. 17, 2012, was held Saturday, Nov. 24, at Pittsford Congregational Church.
The Rev. Pat Jackman, pastor, and the Rev. Mark Heiner, pastor of First Baptist Church of Rutland, co-officiated.
Mary Millett was organist and soloist.
A reception followed in the church fellowship hall.
Private burial took place in Evergreen Cemetery in Pittsford.
Bearers were Jeremy Rowe, Tim Kingston, Sam Phillips, Ed Sibbald, William Walker and Guy Waldo.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.