Woman dies after getting hit by carNovember 26,2012BRISTOL — An 85-year-old Bristol woman has died after she was struck by a car on Saturday while walking across the street, Bristol Police said in a press release Sunday.
The woman, Anne Roscoe, was hit by a car driven by 19-year-old Ashley Nacollas, also of Bristol, at the intersection of North Street and Park Place at around 5:51 p.m., police said. Roscoe was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, where she died.
The accident is under investigation, and police say that drugs or alcohol were not a factor. Bristol Police have asked the Vermont State Police Accident Reconstruction Team to help in the investigation. The Bristol Fire Department and Vermont State Police helped the Bristol Police at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen the crash is asked to contact Sgt. George Crowe at 453-2533.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.