Woman dies after getting hit by carNovember 26,2012BRISTOL — An 85-year-old Bristol woman has died after she was struck by a car on Saturday while walking across the street, Bristol Police said in a press release Sunday.
The woman, Anne Roscoe, was hit by a car driven by 19-year-old Ashley Nacollas, also of Bristol, at the intersection of North Street and Park Place at around 5:51 p.m., police said. Roscoe was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, where she died.
The accident is under investigation, and police say that drugs or alcohol were not a factor. Bristol Police have asked the Vermont State Police Accident Reconstruction Team to help in the investigation. The Bristol Fire Department and Vermont State Police helped the Bristol Police at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen the crash is asked to contact Sgt. George Crowe at 453-2533.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: A brief midsummer return of last winter’s stubborn cold air mass descends over the Northern Plains, Midwest and Northeast this week bringing colder than seasonable daytime temperatures.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Founding father and 2nd president John Adams signs Sedition Act on this day in 1798 providing jail time for criticizing the government; Benjamin Franklin's grandson and namesake dies in jail, for satirizing the president.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.