Woman dies after getting hit by carNovember 26,2012BRISTOL — An 85-year-old Bristol woman has died after she was struck by a car on Saturday while walking across the street, Bristol Police said in a press release Sunday.
The woman, Anne Roscoe, was hit by a car driven by 19-year-old Ashley Nacollas, also of Bristol, at the intersection of North Street and Park Place at around 5:51 p.m., police said. Roscoe was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, where she died.
The accident is under investigation, and police say that drugs or alcohol were not a factor. Bristol Police have asked the Vermont State Police Accident Reconstruction Team to help in the investigation. The Bristol Fire Department and Vermont State Police helped the Bristol Police at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen the crash is asked to contact Sgt. George Crowe at 453-2533.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.