Woman dies after getting hit by carNovember 26,2012BRISTOL — An 85-year-old Bristol woman has died after she was struck by a car on Saturday while walking across the street, Bristol Police said in a press release Sunday.
The woman, Anne Roscoe, was hit by a car driven by 19-year-old Ashley Nacollas, also of Bristol, at the intersection of North Street and Park Place at around 5:51 p.m., police said. Roscoe was taken to Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington, where she died.
The accident is under investigation, and police say that drugs or alcohol were not a factor. Bristol Police have asked the Vermont State Police Accident Reconstruction Team to help in the investigation. The Bristol Fire Department and Vermont State Police helped the Bristol Police at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen the crash is asked to contact Sgt. George Crowe at 453-2533.MORE IN This Just InPOULTNEY — Sheila Nichols has been so busy for so long, she doesn’t know how to slow down. Full StoryFAIRLEE — The Thetford Energy Committee was honored Saturday at a statewide energy conference... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation