Elsie StewartNovember 27,2012Elsie Stewart
WALLINGFORD — Elsie Stewart, 80, died Nov. 22, 2012, at Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation, following a long illness.
She was born Nov. 24, 1931, in Wallingford, the daughter of Harriet (Tarbell) and Raymond Bullock Sr.
She married Vernon Stewart March 4, 1949.
Survivors include three children, Lorraine Whittemore of Pittsford, Diane Doperak of Proctor and Paul Stewart of Wallingford; five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren; a brother, Raymond Bullock Jr.; nieces and nephews.
To honor her wishes, there will be no calling hours or funeral.
Private burial will be at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the humane society or charity of one’s choice.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.